- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is a UK multidisciplinary consultancy, providing a broad range of professional services covering the design, engineering, construction, infrastructure and property markets.
They're currently seeking a Permit Coordinator to join the Environment and Operations service based in North London.
Reporting to the Street Works and Permit Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that all Authority promoted works are permitted in accordance with the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) and London Permit Scheme (LoPs), and are effectively and efficiently planned in order to minimise disruption to residents and road users.
What you will do:
* To make Permit applications on a daily basis using the electronic transmission of notices (Eton) via the Exor-Atlas computerised system for all authority promoted works.
* To manage the external contractors carrying out authority works to ensure that they are making permit applications on a daily basis using the electronic transmission of notices (Eton) via the Exor-Atlas computerised system.
* Ensure compliance with all Permit applications by validating information contained in the Permit application before submission and by carrying out validation checks of those permits raised by the authorities external contractors.
* Ensure that durations identified on permit applications are reasonable for the proposed works in order to ensure that applications are not refused or challenged. Properly planned and co-ordinated works should be completed in the shortest possible timescale.
* Where necessary submit variations and apply for extensions within appropriate timescales to ensure compliance and to minimise the risk of S74 charges being imposed by the authorities permit team.
* Where necessary submit requests for early starts ensuring that valid and detailed reasons are provided with the request to minimise the likelihood of rejection.
* Ensure that permits are updated at the various stages of the process, including final closure and providing accurate final dimensions to ensure compliance.
* Liaise with the authority permit team with regard to conditions to be attached to Permits and agree these as necessary in consultation with the relevant works engineer (normally the DLO supervisor) and submit the revised permit application with agreed conditions attached.
* Ensure effective liaison with other colleagues, services and appropriate outside agencies in order to facilitate efficient working.
* To liaise with the relevant works engineer (usually the DLO supervisor) with regard to the works programme and hence the jobs requiring permit applications.
* Assist as requested in the preparation of reports, briefings and providing statistics on any aspect of the service.
* Respond to changes in legislation, statutory requirements, codes of practice, British and European standards to ensure that practices, procedures and working methods to ensure continued compliance.
Your experience will include:
* Proven experience of street works highways activity
* Local authority experience
* An understanding of current NRSWA legislation
* Proven administrative experience
* Experience using MSOffice packages including MSWord, MSExcel, MSProject
* An understanding of software packages used for highway network management
* Experience using the Exor Atlas Street Works package is desirable
* Good communication skills - written and verbal
* Good organisation skills and time management
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.