- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Southern water are looking for 2 innovation consultants, one in a lead position, to join the team in Brighton on a permanent basis.
Southern Water has recently launched a new innovation lab - bluewave - located in the heart of Brighton and is looking to expand its team. You will be joining a dynamic team with an ambitious vision - tasked to deliver significant commercial impact at pace to better serve Southern Water's 4.6M customers.
The lab works across the Southern Water business and therefore a diverse range of potential opportunity areas, including customer facing propositions, processes within operations and digital technology. Bluewave's methodology promotes design thinking with people at the heart of problem-solving and looks to validate potential solutions through sprint-based experimentation.
Experience of the utility sector is ideal, but not required. Particular passions and/or experience within data, analytics and digital technologies would also be beneficial. If you have a start-up mentality, with a want to build something new and make a real impact in an industry ripe for disruption, bluewave could be the place for you.
We are currently in an exciting but early phase of the bluewave lab's conception and are therefore looking for candidates who are both comfortable working in uncertainty and excited by the opportunity to shape the future of a new innovation capability. Key to this will be a positive, 'can-do' attitude and willingness to get your hands dirty, irrespective of the task, to support the team.
As an Innovation Consultant you will:
- frame and scope problems to be solved before exploring how to solve them
- develop insight and stimulus to help cross-functional teams generate ideas
- support the Innovation Lead in executive sponsorship throughout workstreams, producing communications
- design and run experiments - from desirability tests to building 'Minimal Viable Products' - before testing with customers and stakeholders
- ensure that initiatives developed through the Lab are explored at pace to either 'fail fast' or 'succeed fast', with a view to validated concepts being successfully adopted as part of business as usual
- In innovation / strategy consulting, product development, or start-ups
- Experience using leading innovation methodologies / processes
- Experience delivering new products or services
- Comfortable working in a Digital / technical environment using an agile approach
- Experience engaging senior stakeholders
- Skilled innovation facilitator who can confidently work in sprints, innovation workstreams, and turn problems into opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to build a compelling narrative and confident reporting to senior executives
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Hands on and practical, happy to pitch-in to a range of different activities
Fit with the team's philosophy: curious, creative and always humble
The successful individual will be willing to roll their sleeves up and get involved heading out to sites to experience the problems from all users sides first hand, along with having a strong stakeholder management skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.