- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Central Realisation Project Manager
A multi national engineering company are looking for a Project Manager to join them in Hatfield.
As the world's leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager with a technical background to join our central automation engineering team. You will project manage the technical realisation of our automation solutions at our next generation of customer fulfilment centre's (CFC's). Managing and supporting matrix resources and deliverables from multiple teams across engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be the link and liaison between teams based at different locations (including new build sites)
- Communication across teams and to project stakeholders
- Coordinate project technical support, taking ownership of problems seeing them through to resolution
- Identify and coordinate applicable engineering change requests
- Maintain and communicate project technical documentation
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Workflow management of cross functional teams
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
What are we after?
- A "can do" and "in this together" attitude and approach to work
- Ability to multitask and manage/reprioritise a complex diary with multiple simultaneous activities
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Be able to perform unsupervised on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Communication of complex technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
- Persuasive and influential, able to get results from matrix resources
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ideally MS Project
- Technical qualification, to HND or Degree level
- The ability to draw workable and innovative solutions from diverse teams, acceptable to all stakeholders
Although based at our Hertfordshire head office, you will need the ability and willingness to travel to sites both in the UK and abroad.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Electrical Design Engineer
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Meet the SCADA engineer who stops your bag getting lost at the airport
Have you ever wondered how your luggage gets from the baggage drop to the plane? Meet the engineer who makes sure you’re reu...