- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Project Engineer - Electric Vehicle Technology
Exciting opportunity to work in an R&D team on Connected Vehicle Charging. Candidates will have had exposure to both Power Electronics and Connected Car technology.
Working within the two major growth areas for Automotive Technology, in Connected Car and Hybrid & Electric Vehicles. The successful candidate will lead research into Wireless charging, with proven exposure in the following;
Connected Car - Vehicle to Grid (V2G), Vehicle to X (V2X), Wireless Charging,
Hybrid & Electric Vehicles (HEV) - Battery Management Systems, Energy Storage.
Power Electronics - Bidirectional Charging, AC/DC converting, and Low and High Voltage systems.
You will be working with a small dynamic team developing future electric vehicle technologies. In this varied Research and Development position, you will validate concepts for Electric Vehicle Energy Management Systems by;
- Leading research relating to design, test and deployment of vehicle based power technologies.
- Researching and identifying new and emerging energy technologies
- Handling multiple projects, which may involve research themes or development for production launch.
- Develop and create working proof of concepts.
- Produce technical writing of Product Features & Specification
Working knowledge of PLC systems, programming skills, control system design and assembly is desirable but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems