In this role you'll support the Engineering department to deliver on its current and future commitments. The successful candidate will support existing products as well as assisting on new product development and potentially take on further responsibility for areas of the companies product portfolio.
* Leading new product hardware design projects as directed by the Hardware Chief Engineer.
* Responding to requests from Product Line Management for the integration of new equipment and electronic design work.
* Delivering Post Development Support (PDS) activities such as fault investigations, obsolescence management, and assisting Service Department with customer issues.
* Helping to deliver functional/strategic goals for the year.
* To carry out any other reasonable management request.
Required skills & experience:
* Degree-qualified in a relevant engineering / technical subject (e.g. electrical/electronic engineering). Equivalent, relevant experience will be considered also.
* Good understanding of analogue and digital circuit design and system interfacing.
* Able to read and interpret engineering standards and requirements.
* Familiarity with typical system design lifecycle and V&V activities.
* Able to lead technical projects and direct others.
* Good mathematical and analytical abilities.
* Strong numeracy and problem solving skills.
* Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
* Knowledge of radar principles and design.
* Experience conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses.
* Knowledge of marine specific standards (e.g. IEC 60945, IEC61162-1/2/450/460).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.