- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Design Engineer
- Our client is looking for a Highway Design Engineer to join a busy organisation on a contractual basis.
This role is INSIDE IR35
The successful candidate will provide technical support in the effective and efficient promotion, design and execution of projects, schemes, investigations and analysis as required within budgets and programmes.
- Carrying out project design, assessment calculations and drawings
- Preparing reports
- Preparing contract documents
- Producing drawings and calculations
- Undertaking work on site such as inspections and contract supervision
- Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers.
- Analysing problems and developing innovative solutions
- Compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures
- Presenting/ representing your specific technical work (presentations / meetings).
- Delivering specifically assigned tasks to time and cost
Working conditions / environment:
- This role will be predominantly office based, with the potential for an occasional site visit.
- 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- Civil Engineering degree or equivalent.
- The ability to work alone and to work as part of a team.
- The ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
- Flexibility with respect to travel and working location.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
How to Apply or for more Information:
Three simple ways to apply or get in touch:
Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
Call George Thripp directly on 01489882664
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.