- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
A Traffic Engineer is needed for the planning, development and delivery of Traffic Management, Road Safety and Sustainable Transport services within the Highways, Traffic & Transportation Group of Environmental Services.
- To assist with and to develop basic work schemes relating to accident investigation and prevention and cycling schemes, together with the road safety plan and cycle action plan
- To carry out accident analysis and, as a result, propose solutions that could address the problem, within constraints of both finance and minimum disruption to pedestrians, cyclists and traffic
- To undertake research, design and evaluate the cost and value of alternative projects and solutions to identified problems, relating to traffic engineering issues including cyclists and pedestrians
- To maintain records in a systematic and accessible format.
- To arrange the necessary field work in relation to vehicle and pedestrian counts to clarify the situation at particular sites
- To liaise with other teams and groups both within Environmental Services and the wider Council
- To respond to inquiries from the public and/or Councillors and to initiate reports, including input into the Councils Local Implementation Plan (LIP) submission
- To prepare evidence for Council representatives and witness at public enquiries
- To design and implement public consultations documents and arrange distribution. To note comments gained from the consultations and make proposed alterations as required to the original scheme
- To be responsible for the posting of all notifications required for the implementation of schemes, including committee items and relevant governmental departments
- To make regular site visits and, if the need arises, to change the design and inform the contractors, to ensure the smooth implementation of the scheme. The post-holder must take into account both legal and safety matters when making such decisions
- To assist in monitoring the effect of transport polices particularly those relating to the movement of cyclists and pedestrians within the Borough, and to liaise closely with appropriate representative groups concerning new initiatives including other Boroughs, Departments, associations and user groups
- To assist in monitoring the work and accounts of consultants or contractors working on specific cycling/engineering projects
- To liaise with external organisations including other boroughs, departments and Councillors and to deal with enquiries of a specific and often contentious nature from member of the public
- To provide specialist guidance in traffic management, safety, cycling and other matters and support to other officers within the group and to other council officers
- To organise own workload together with the supervision of junior staff to achieve targets set in conjunction with management
- To provide input into developments of new techniques and working practices
- To contribute to the Borough's Road Safety and Cycle strategies and work towards their achievements
- To contribute to the development of effective accident prevention measures
- To provide complex professional and technical guidance and support to other officers within the group
- To deputise, on occasion and as required, for the Project Engineer and/or Principal Officer Traffic Management and Safety on specific projects or issues
- To assist the Project Engineer and the Principal Officer Traffic Management and Safety in assessment of resources and cost estimates for specific projects
- To undertake a continuous review of local and regional policies according to priorities established by the management
- To organise sections workload in order to maximise the groups output and cost effectiveness
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.