- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Matchtech are currently looking for an Engine Test Technician to work for Ricardo based at the Shoreham Technical Centre.
Working closely with the other members of the team, your role will be to plan, install, commission and deliver test and development programs within Test and Facility Operations. Your everyday tasks will include:
- Fit transmissions, adaptors and driveline components to test rigs or engines on dyno test cells
- Liaise with technicians, engineers and managers working on test programs
- Conduct engine testing on engine dyno and or chassis dyno
- Basic engine test data analysis and fault diagnostics
Required Experience and Qualifications:
You will hold good general mechanical fitting skills with experience in rotation machinery such as test rigs, transmissions, axles, engines etc.
The following are requirements would be advantageous:
- Experience of building and stripping transmissions, engines or other rotating machinery.
- Basic understanding and interpretation of test data and an ability to communicate information to engineers.
- Basic metalworking skills and ability to use test workshop equipment (lathe, milling machine, pillar drill, welder etc.) without necessarily being an expert.
- Flexibility to tackle unfamiliar tasks with limited guidance or supervision.
- Understand and adhere to strict health and safety guidelines.
- Experience of engine testing on a dyno
- Experience of engine test equipment and software (STARS, MEXA, Indi, INCA etc)
- Knowledge of engine DVT and sign off tests.
- Ability to integrate and work well within a small team.
- Driving licence
- Prepared to work off-site for short durations of time (other Ricardo sites, customers sites in the UK and abroad)
Any of the below experience would be excellent
- Experience of instrumentation and logging systems.
- Experience of test rig controls systems - N.I./DSG/STARS.
- Experience of test bed calibration processes.
Pay will be judged on your suitability to the role and your previous working experience. Pay is negotiable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.