- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
(Lead) Engineer - Electronic Control Systems
Electronic Control Systems Engineer with modelling and simulation experience, as well as Systems Architecture (UML SysML) required for development of new Motorcycles for a prestigious British brand.
We are currently seeking additional Engineers to work within our Electronic Control Systems team. This role will involve systems design across a wide range of functions (including the capturing, elicitation and management of requirements) and working closely with our worldwide base of suppliers to ensure the technological requirements for our next generation of motorcycles are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of Electronic Control Systems for use in chassis, powertrain, suspension or HMI systems. Consideration given to specific areas or more general systems design.
- Design, verify and validate systems to meet Functional Safety Goals.
- Support generation of Safety Cases.
- Model systems for approval with product planning.
- Elicit and manage requirements.
- Design for re-use across multiple models and variants.
- High level design and specification of a wide variety of electrical / electronic components.
- Regular liaison with project managers, manufacturing departments and chassis / powertrain / EDS / Functional Safety teams.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers and identify potential new suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new ECU's.
- Generation of technical reports.
- Continually improvement to advance design procedures, advise best practice and improve efficiency.
Qualifications and Attainments
BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Systems Engineering. OR HND in relevant subject and relevant experience Working towards Chartered Engineer
Professional Experience and Skills
Proficient in Systems design - modelling (UML / SYSML), requirements capture / management and test case generation.
Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Excellent trouble shooting skills.
Specific interests in functional safety or cyber security or user interface design etc.
Knowledge of CAN communication and familiarity with tools such as CANalyser / CANoe (or similar).
Previous experience of working within an automotive / manufacturing / industrial environment.
Experience with PREEvision. Altia or Qt, Matlab.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems