- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Managers - Civil
My Client is looking for an experienced design engineer/lead engineer with Water or Waste Water experience to work within the water industry as a Design manager in Coventry.
My client is willing to consider applicants from a Civil, Mechanical or Electrical background for this position, but they must have a solid technical background of 8+ years experience.
|We are looking for someone to lead the successful delivery of a variety of different mechanical and process/chemical projects, within our Waste Treatment area. You'll have the opportunity to be part of something brand new, helping us to develop new ways of working, and building the future of design. You'll need to have technical appreciation for design and specifications, as well as the ability to engage your team, key contract partners and regulators.|
|As a Design Manager, we would expect you to:|
* Lead a team of up to 6-8 Design Engineers and Assistant Design Engineers.
* Collaborate with other departments within the business, to ensure our customers' needs are met, as well as our own requirements are understood.
* Optimise and budget resources you'll ensure our designs are cost-efficient, and that we put Health and Safety at the centre of each design decision.
* As you may need to visit sites across our region, a full UK driving license is essential.
|What are we looking for?|
|As a Design Manager you'll have a background as a hands-on designer. As well as this, you will have lead a team in the delivery of technical solutions, have great communication skills, and a real passion for innovation. Water industry experience would be great, however, if you have worked in similar industries, such as Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical or Aerospace, you will definitely have transferrable skills.|
|How will you be rewarded?|
We have comprehensive benefits package which include:
* 28 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days per year.
* A market-leading defined contribution scheme - where we will double any contributions you make (up to a maximum of 15% of your salary).
* An all-employee bonus based on company performance.
* A chance to save up to £500 per month for three or five years, with the option to buy company shares at a discounted rate.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.