- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Managers (Water/Waterwater) - Midlands
Matchtech are working in partnership with a water utility company in the Midlands who are looking to bring their engineering activities back 'in-house' for AMP7. I am keen to speak with Design Managers from a water/wastewater background.
THIS VACANCY CAN BE BASED FROM DERBY OR COVENTRY.
- This is a key role to ensure successful delivery of the Capital Programme.
- The Design Manager will lead an integrated team to develop Engineering and Process solutions for a wide range of Water and Waste Water Treatment and Supply investment needs ranging from Capital maintenance works to Complex water quality & supply improvements.
- The programme of work will cover Water Infra / Water Non Infra / Waste Infra / Waste Non Infra across the whole of the Midlands region.
- The role requires the development of innovative solutions to deliver the most efficient solutions to address investment needs.
- The Design manager will need to work with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful design (and validation of solutions designed by contract partners) of solutions ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements including WS Ops , DWI and OFWAT
- Direct accountability for a team of 6-8 Design Engineers.
- Providing supporting resources to the Strategic Asset Management Team to evaluate business problem statements
- Working collaboratively with key internal partners such as Asset Management, Production Operations and Capital Delivery to ensure requirements are clearly understood and solutions designed to meet stakeholders and customers needs.
- Resource and budget accountability for a team of Designers producing solution designs for the Capital Delivery Roadmap that leverage innovation, are cost efficient and that Health and Safety is considered in the buildability of the design.
- For both outline and detailed design
- Make certain that design proposals ensure value for our customers and deliver lowest whole life costs to the end user
- Where applicable, ensure the role of CDM Principal Designer for all projects is fulfilled within the team
- Alongside your team and the supply partners develop a strong working relationship with stakeholders both inside and outside of our clients' organisation to ensure the successful design, delivery and handover of project
- Drive the identification and management of risks which could impact on the successful delivery of the Capital Programme. Ensure compliance with external legislation and statutory obligations (e.g. DWI obligations / WQ obligations / Environmental/ Planning / Land access)
- Develop technical and leadership capabilities within your internal team , actively managing performance and supporting development opportunities for team member
- Create a team of high performing, highly capable Design Engineers
- Experience of leading a successful team, coaching skills and building capability (preferably in the area of solution design).
- Experience of engaging and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Have strong planning and implementation skills.
- Experience of managing external suppliers to deliver output to prescribed standards and quality measures
- Water sector experience
- Treatment Process understanding (desirable for roles in this area only)
- Experience of undertaking the role of Principle Designer (desirable but not essential)
- Experience of providing designs and specifications for commercial negotiations
- Experience in innovation of design to assist with the development of innovative solutions in the delivery of water and waste water treatment projects.
- Experience of working to standards, codes and practices
- Experience of Water treatment processes such as Operation , Maintenance , Process design or related process plant design and supply
- Qualified in an Engineering, Construction and Project Management or Environmental discipline, degree preferable.
- NEC accredited
- Full UK driving license.
Desirable: Full Membership status (or close to) of an appropriate professional body (e.g. ICE, CIWEM, I Mech E).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.