- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Trials Engineer
My client, a UK Defence company has a new requirement for a Systems Trials Engineer on a 6 month contract basis initially. Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance
Plan and execute a Trials Program to ensure new products meet the System Test Requirements.
Scope / dimensions:
Working alongside subject matter experts, generate a Trials program and then execute this program of work.
Record exceptions and assist in seeking a resolution.
* Preparing and running a trials program for an Electronic Warfare Range Test System
* Interview subject matter experts and prepare a Trials Program Proposal.
* Review Trials Program Proposal with management team to ensure it will allow us to exercise all our System Test Requirements.
* Identify and manage the logistical requirements of performing the trials program.
* Identify potential trails locations and liaise with external organisations to establish access and permits to conduct trials.
* Conduct actual Trials Program.
* Ensure Engineering Issues are documented according to internal procedures
* Manage security of information.
* Ensure trials are conducted in accordance with H&S best practices.
* Execute plan to agreed budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Must be able to demonstrate previous experience of planning and executing a trials program for complex electronic systems.
* Experience of running trials programs within a military or defence contractor environment.
* Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively gather information from different engineering disciplines (hardware, software and test.)
* An ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and document this in a clear and concise fashion.
* The ability to explain technically complex concepts clearly.
* Accuracy and a methodical approach to work.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Knowledge of DOORS requirements management tools
* Ability to travel. Job will be based in Farnborough initially but there will a requirement to conduct trials at other UK locations. There is also the possibility of some travel to Far East.
* Experience and knowledge relating to H&S whilst running out door trials programs
* Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.