- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
The company is in the business of building quality ships. They are based in sceneic Halifax and they are currently working on a number of projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
This is a full time, permanent staff role (one opening) located in Halifax N.S.
- Understand and influence ship design decisions relative to Ship Systems Supportability: Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Dependability, Upgradeability, and Affordability.
- Demonstrate expertise in analyzing system design characteristics and planned logistics resources to ensure that those attributes will meet life-cycle operational use requirements.
- Develop, present, and implement solutions to ensure design, maintenance practices, and supply support processes are economical and effective throughout the ship's life cycle. This would include work to evaluate proposed Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques, work to optimize Operational Availability, and work to minimize Life Cycle Cost through ship systems commonality.
- Demonstrate methods to research and identify resources related to the provision of training, support equipment, and support facilities for all phases of the ship's lifecycle to include the use of Vendor Furnished Information in support of equipment selection, supportability analysis, design efforts, and sustainment during the ship's operational phase of the acquisition life cycle.
- Take the initiative in the area of identifying and mitigating technical, supply chain, and contractual risks per the requirements described in the Supportability Program Management Plan. Actively participate in the Integrated Logistics Support IPT to ensure design for supportability tenants are included in design and change option
- Provide subject matter expertise for the Logistical Support Analysis (LSA) effort to include the derivation of the plans, support items, and resources needed to fulfill the ship's life-cycle Supportability Package.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong communication skills- liaising between key stakeholders, DND, Engineering and Program Management
- Strong Technical skills and familiarity with DND/RCN terminology
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.