- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our innovative aerospace client in Bedfordshire that design, build & manufacture modifications (minor & major) for military & commercial aircraft have an opportunity within their Airborne Systems team for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Working as part of the Mechanical Design Office team you will provide an accurate fully- detailed design service for all phases of the design process originating from customers' proposals, preparation through design, development for manufacture, installation and certification and providing 'in-service' support with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Produce high integrity programme deliverables (concept schemes. detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
- Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with the company's procedures, design standard practices and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO 9001
- Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of drawings & design specs
- Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the manufacturing, qualification and 'in service' plan phases of the project
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues
- Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a critical aspect in mind
- Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews within deadline
- To undertake any other duties and responsibility as may be required by the Line Manager
Knowledge and Experience:
- Aerospace/Aviation Industry experience an advantage
- Working knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical and avionic equipment installations
- Ability to utilise CATIA V5 solid modelling and surfacing techniques to produce detail part and assembly designs and the production of the associated manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge of composite and metallic structures.
- Component mechanical engineering
- Working knowledge/understanding of manufacturing processes (sheet metal, machining and composites) and design for manufacture and assembly
- Working knowledge/understanding of application of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance Techniques (BS8888)
- Ability to evaluate the mechanical behaviour of designs
- Ability to develop design solutions
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...