- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Functional Safety Engineer
A long-term contract position has arisen for an experienced Functional Safety Engineer to work for a leading Automotive Tier2. Successful candidates will have proven experience of 26262 application in the Automotive Sector.
Senior Functional Safety Engineer
The role requires a well-rounded engineer with a good background in electronic, electrical, mechanical, control and software engineering and extensive experience of Safety Standards and Safety Analyses. The principal responsibility is to lead the safety analysis of the system components and architecture in line with ISO 26262.
The position requires extensive interaction with many members of the multi-disciplinary EPS (Electric Power Steering) system engineering team and the proving and development teams. This position provides the necessary technical integrity of the product, ensuring that requirements are captured, disseminated, monitored & controlled to ensure compliance with customer, legislative & drawings, specifications & standards.
What you'll do
- To analyse EPS system safety at all levels through a series of formal safety analyses (including hazard analysis, Hazard Testing, FMEA and FTA). This requires a pro-active approach to ensuring the safety of the system in a pragmatic manner. The responsibility includes the requirement to work as part of the cross- functional product development teams of engineers drawn from the TLES Company and its suppliers.
- To provide technical leadership for Safety Standards and Safety Analyses, including checking and approving analyses performed by others.
- To act on the results of any safety analysis or validation test result to ensure that the safety and integrity of the electric power steering system is not compromised in any way.
- To develop a reliability analysis, to advise on the best use of statistical techniques and to provide reliability estimates to form part of a commercial case to the EPS business and its customers.
- To develop new system features, components and diagnostic algorithms that will improve the safety or reliability of the system or improve the coverage of the built-in protection systems.
- To work with the customer to set safety acceptance standards, to develop customer-specific safety analyses and to ensure that the customer's safety expectations are met.
- To ensure that the supply-base is fully aware of the safety-related requirements and responsibilities.
- To support all projects with analysis and expert advice.
What we are looking for
- Degree or similar qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering or a related subject.
- Experience in safety engineering with a working knowledge of IEC 61508 and awareness of ISO26262 and other Legislative Safety Requirements
- Experience of safety analyses of electro-mechanical safety-related products. This experience should include participation and organisation of hazard analysis, failure mode effect analysis and fault tree analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical methods used for reliability analysis and design of validation test regimes.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must have confidence to represent the company with suppliers and customers.
- Experience of leading FMEA team.
- Able to work flexibly in a multi-disciplinary team and on own initiative.
- Experience of automotive systems development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.