- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior CAD Technician/Designer
Senior CAD Technician/Designer - Samlesbury - 12 Months - £27.00/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
As a Senior CAD technician/designer, you will be responsible for the provision of a professional CAFM service. This will include the supply of feasibility and scheme 2D/3D CAD drawings and the upkeep of accurate site, building and infrastructure drawings, maps and associated technical records.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior CAD technician/designer will involve:
- Produce CAD designs that meet targets for feasibility, performance, costs, quality, safety, legislation and company standards.
- Interact with designers, engineers and consultants to obtain critical design information/scope necessary to complete project designs within intended time frame.
- Design, develop and engineer high quality models using 2D and 3D.
- Develop and prepare feasibilities, proposals and scheme drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches, self-survey, specification sheets and other data using 2D and 3D.
- Preparing feasibilities, proposals and scheme drawings/designs in both 2D and 3D; and BIM guidance to support capital and revenue investment projects.
- Supporting new installations through timely provision of technical/process advice and design review of third party consultant design information in line with company standards.
- Constructing 2D and 3D information from 3rd party 'as-installed' drawings/models, ensuring the standard of supplied information meets company standards.
- Support other Air Sector locations in UK
- Qualification in building construction, mechanical engineering or building services engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Proven 2D CAD and 3D CAD experience in a general design office/building construction/building services discipline using packages such as: Bentley Microstation and AutoDesk AutoCAD, Bentley AECOsim and AutoDesk Revit.
- Awareness of workplace and building related regulations and how they relate to design proposals, e.g. layouts of factories, offices, welfare etc.
- Proficient in surveying techniques and the ability to record 'as is' plans and schematics of all types of services
- Understanding of the BIM process, workflow and overall aims of BIM in both a construction and FM environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...