- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Procurement Practitioner - Barrow-in-Furness - 6 Months - £21.77/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
To work within the Offsite Supply Chain Team (Strategic Steelwork, Jigs & Machining) To be responsible for undertaking aspects of Procurement related to cost, quality & schedule. Ensure that SAP and Team Centre systems are updated in accordance with contract and governance requirements. Provide Procurement duties in line with corporate Supply Chain policy, business requirements and performance objectives.
- To be able to access and apply, with support/supervision, specific Quality Management System documentation and to comply with Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) rules and control measures.
- Ensure completeness and quality of information, and arrange checking of work by appropriate team members where necessary.
- Demonstrate awareness of risk and opportunity management to address low impact risks within specific scopes of work.
- Update business systems, document management systems and data sources to provide a single point of truth for stakeholders.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders - resolve routine problems and escalate when necessary.
- Support continuous improvement / process improvement opportunities and Learning from Experience activity.
- Support audit activity as required
- Procurement (buying) experience.
- Experience of working with a buying system such as SAP (other system experience would be acceptable).
- Working towards a CIPS qualification would be desirable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.