- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
We are currently recruiting a Design Engineer to work at our client a aerospace compay based in Southend.
To support senior design staff in all activities relating to crew and passenger seat product design, as necessary and implementation of product improvements in existing seating products to address issues identified by Customer Services.
- Creation and modification of CAD models, drawings and assemblies in 3D (CATIA) design package to company standards and procedures,
- Detail design of component parts and minor assemblies,
- Investigation of manufacturing and assembly issues,
- Aiding in the creation of related design documentation such as structural procedures and reports,
- Providing support of structural test activities,
- Participation in project team meetings and design reviews as necessary,
- Responsible for ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained,
- To support team members with other tasks as and when necessary,
- To help create and maintain a safe working environment and observe the published Health and Safety procedures,
- To carry out any other tasks where reasonable and relevant, when required.
- Use of 3D CAD System
- PC literate
- Ability to work independently while collaborating in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Mechanical design engineering - 3-5 years
- Experience of aircraft industry
- Knowledge of CATIA V5
- Knowledge of aircraft regulatory requirements
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...