- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded Software Engineer
An exciting long-term contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join a leading Automotive Tier 1. Successful candidates will have proven embedded C software development and Simulink modelling experience.
Embedded Software, Clearcase, MISRA, Matlab & Simulink
Purpose of Role:
To develop real-time safety critical embedded software, to execute within a passenger car or commercial vehicle Electronic Control Unit, controlling the Powertrain or after-treatment equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties of the role will consist of one or more of the following:
- Generation of embedded C code to implement control algorithms typically from MATLAB Simulink & Stateflow diagrams
- Integration of manually and auto-generated C code into a single application using IBM Rational Clearcase or Plastic SCM
- Static analysis of C code using QAC to MISRA standards and local guidelines
- Verification of C code via peer review, electrical test bench and analysis of Unit Test results
- Software Integration Reviews and Testing
- Using commercial software for in-circuit debugging (Lauterbach)
- Use of data acquisition systems over CCP (INCA, ATi) for calibration and debugging
- Educated to HND or degree level in Software Engineering or Electronics
- Experience of developing embedded real-time systems using the C language
- Configuration management experience using IBM Clearcase or similar
- Experience in an embedded application field
- Multicore exposure
- Automotive background
- Strong process discipline (V cycle and/or Agile)
- Experience of real-time debugging using in-circuit emulation tools (e.g. Lauterbech)
- CAN and/or J1939 protocol exposure and related tools (e.g. Vector tools)
- PERL and/or Python skills
- AutoSAR awareness
- Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) awareness
- ISO26262 awareness
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.