- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded C Software Engineer to work on Real-time Embedded Systems required for a clean energy client in South Oxfordshire.
As a member of the global software team, you will be working on developing and deploying their technologies for key UK customer projects. You will be working very closely with the business's client building relationships dealing face to face onsite, developing the clients PowerDrive system.
Software engineers each own a stake in the business's success, and each team member is called upon to help steer the organisation forwards. The team commissions its own processes, methodologies, tools and architectures, allowing them to bring innovative products to market, while preserving customer delivery efficiency and precision.
The successful candidate will join a diverse, collaborative, and talented team, and will work in a professional high-tech environment with an opportunity to change and shape the future of mobility and transportation.
1. Represent the business and serve as customer interface for ECU development
2. Facilitate the investigation, root cause analysis, resolution development, and manage the closure of all relevant program/product issues in support of product development, production, line returns, warranty returns and service issues
3. Embedded software - Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the development of embedded software for real time systems
4. Automobile Powertrain Systems - Demonstrates basic understanding of automobile powertrain products and their functions (e.g. transmissions, all-wheel drive, hybrid and electric drive lines and power electronics)
5. Electrical Hardware - Demonstrates basic understanding of ECU schematics
6. Documentation Skills - Demonstrates ability to write fluently to describe algorithm design, theory and test results
7. Communication Skills - Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and customers
8. Teamwork - Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Leads and actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
1. Several years of experience developing embedded software; preferably in the automotive industry
2. Strong working knowledge of C programming language for real-time embedded systems
3. Excellent code debugging skills
4. Expertise working with communication and network protocols (e.g. CAN and/or FlexRay) and associated tools required
5. Experience with Software Configuration, Release and Change Management is required
Desirable experience and skills:
1. Practical experience with AUTOSAR preferred
2. Experienced developing software to a comprehensive software process. CMMI or SPICE preferred
3. Experience working with Model-Based Development tools and code generation.
4. Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team
5. Excellent organisational, time management and interpersonal skills
1. Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
2. Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning, etc.
3. Structured individual with good problem solving skills
4. Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
5. Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
6. Comfortable in customer facing role, confident and thoughtful
7. Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
1. Qualified to degree level (2:1) in an appropriate engineering discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering
2. Proven experience in software engineering
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.