- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Engineer
A Modelling and Simulation Software Engineer required to join a leading Motorsport brand.
Senior Software Engineer
The purpose of the role is to develop on board control software for the Energy Storage Systems (ESS) and other systems supporting a prestigious Formula 1 programme, in order to ensure that performance and reliability targets are met.
This role is accountable for all aspects of ESS software from initial concept, simulation study and architecture to software development and verification including all the necessary tools, equipment and process. The role will be required to liaise with development teams, Chassis teams and suppliers to deliver software according to the schedule defined by management. The Senior Software Engineer will also provide technical guidance and leadership to more junior software engineers.
- Technical lead for ESS software development
- Requirements analysis and system specification
- Software and digital communications architecture
- Modelling and simulation of battery control systems
- Software reliability and fault tolerant design
- Software validation and testing
- Software development process, documentation and releasing
- Tools supporting development and testing
- Planning and prioritisation of development with stakeholders and partner organisations
- Fault diagnosis and factory-based support of trackside activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A qualified embedded software or control engineer with an excellent track record in a large technical organisation within F1 or similar technology business
- Experienced in the application of best practice software process and tools
- Ability to identify root cause of issues both in design and process
- Previous experience of technical leadership and ability to lead other software team members
- Excellent document presentational skills
- An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
- Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable
- Domestic Travel and Travel overseas may be required
- Competence and licence to drive in the UK
- PC literate
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.