- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Engineer
Successful applicants will be required to work as part of a team of engineers, developing software for use in real time automotive applications.
Work covers all parts of the software lifecycle, from developing new ideas and concepts, and requirements capture, through to final testing and entering into production.
Software engineers are required to possess a degree of self-discipline and initiative that will allow them to work unaided, solving engineering problems that are required by the position. Most of the work is centred on the development of new ideas and fitting them into custom and AUTOSAR based architectures, which will require a large amount of creative thinking. The final software will be running in a safety critical system, so must be proven to be reliable to a high degree of rigour. The ability to spot potential problems and perform adequate testing at all levels of abstraction is essential.
- Working with sales, marketing and engineering to define product specifications
- Interpret customer and product specifications to produce software functional specifications
- Software system design
- Developing software for safety critical applications, primarily in the C programming language
- Documentation of architecture and high-level design
- Ensuring compliance with processes required by ASPICE and ISO 26262
- Ensuring that software design follows the company software and quality procedures
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Experience in the whole software development lifecycle, ideally, the V-model lifecycle
- Experience in development of real-time embedded software using the C programming language
- Experience with MISRA coding standards
- CANbus and CAN communication protocols
- Debugging on real-time embedded systems
- Dealing with real time operating systems
Desirable experience and skills:
- Knowledge of or experience of working with the Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) development framework
- Experience with high level automotive CAN protocols, especially UDS-on-CAN, OBD, and J1939
- Experience with other vehicle network technologies, especially CAN FD, FlexRAY, and vehicle Ethernet
- Experience working with Tier 1 automotive suppliers.
- Experience of software development for ISO26262 ASIL-D compliance
Qualifications & experience required:
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade
- Significant and proven professional experience as a software engineer
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.