- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
There is a requirement for a Navigation Engineer to join our world-leading Defence client on a contractor basis, this position will be based at Warton.
Would you like to develop mission systems for the air vehicles of the future? We currently have a vacancy within FCAS Mission Systems for a Systems Engineer to be based at Warton.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be undertaking a defined range of systems engineering activities in the Navigation subject matter team in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements. The team is responsible for the design authority, systems engineering and eventual implementation of the system on UAV platforms.
UAS Core Mission System provides a common, open architecture mission system suitable for a range of future UAS projects. The Core Mission System is divided into multiple sub systems, this role is for a Navigation subject matter Engineer.
The Navigation Sub-System is responsible for capabilities including, time, position and attitude.
This role will be interesting, varied and challenging, enabling you to work on a high profile, complex project.
Analysis of Mission System Requirements using Model Based Systems Engineering Based techniques (including Use Case Analysis and Class Modelling) using SysML / UML
- Generation of Refined System Requirements at System and Component Levels
- Component Design
- Definition of Component Specifications (High Level Software Requirements and Service Defintion)
- Analysis and Refinement of Safety Requirements
- Analysis and Refinement of Security Requirements
- Support the System Management Team leader in Engineering delivery
- Ensure all Engineering activities are undertaken in compliance with Engineering policies
The individual should have good knowledge in Microsoft Excel and powerpoint and excellent in Microsoft Word. They should also have essential personal skills in Communication, team Working and Motivation.
- Requirements Analysis Experience
- System Design Experience
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering using SysML and/or UML
- Experience writing High Level Software Requirements
- Design experience with systems responsible for managing system / software configuration
- Experience with the development of operating procedures for air vehicle startup / shutdown.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.