- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Highway Design Engineer
We require a Section 38/278 highway engineer who can process S278/38 agreements received from developers on behalf of our client.
This process involves the design checking of proposed highway works and technical approval of drawings in accordance with various industry standards such as DMRB, CDM 2015 and TSRGD 2016. Once the design conditions are agreed, it will be the responsibility of the candidate to instruct legal to draft the S278 or S38 agreement and this process involves agreeing various fees to be paid by the developer such as design check fees, inspection fees and commuted sums. Alongside this, the candidate is to liaise closely with the developer/contractor in the programming of their works and carrying out regular site inspections to ensure works are being carried out as per agreed specification.
Desirable qualities include:
- APC process, calculating and securing bonds for new sites
- Carrying out technical audits within set timescales
- Ensuring payments for technical audits, site inspections and commuted sums are secured
- Carrying out site inspections and supervising construction works
- Instructing legal team on S38 and S278 agreements
- Up to date knowledge of design standards and necessary highways legislation
- Working collaboratively with developers, contractors, site groundworkers as well as other council specialists
- Ability to organise workload and manage/oversee multiple projects at various stages
- Customer service skills, ability to respond to queries
- IT and office skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...