- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Road Safety Officer
Seeking a Road Safety Officer for a 6 month contract with the possibility of going permanent after the initial contract to be responsible for all operational aspects of Road Safety.
- To plan for, review and implement strategies and actions emanating from the Road Danger Reduction Plan. To manage, plan and direct the activities of the Road Safety team in relation to the provision of a strategy for Education, Training and Publicity (ETP) in support of the Road Danger Reduction Plan, with a view to reducing casualties.
- To investigate, create and develop new ETP initiatives, ensuring that these programmes are monitored in order to create the maximum benefits to road users in the City. To develop the ETP policy of the City by keeping abreast with ETP research and accident analysis by liaising with external agencies including CoL police, Dept. of Transport, TfL, Road Safety GB, LAPC, IRSO and RoSPA.
- To estimate, plan, control and monitor the ETP local risk budget and expenditure and the TfL local implementation plan budget; ensuring that it reflects the overall budget plans of the division, thus ensuring the most effective use of available resources. To obtain sponsorship for ETP activities and bid for funding from TFL for Road Safety Education.
- To manage and oversee the development and delivery of initiatives undertaken by the road safety team.
- To monitor and analyse accident and casualty figures for the City in order to provide accurate data to CoL officers and external organisations and to commission and manage external consultants on road safety issues. To safety audit traffic management remedial measures and monitor their effectiveness.
- To manage, co-ordinate and conduct related risks assessments and detailed event planning.
- To work closely with the City of London Police in a supportive two way partnership, both on street and with City businesses and to assist, in an advisory capacity, in the further development of improved collaborative working models with partner agencies such as the City of London Police Safer Transport Operations Teams on road safety related functions, leading on the operational aspects of these models.
- Liaise with the schools to develop and manage the safe routes to school/school travel plan programme including commissioning the study phase and advising consultants
- To be the operational lead on programmes and carry out on street road danger reduction campaigns and activities, both at the kerb side and in the carriageway.
- To contribute to and write, where required by the Road Danger Reduction & Behavioural Change Manager, Committee reports in respect of the work of the team and attend call over and committees as required. To review and provide advice and recommendations on road safety issues on reports prepared by other officers within the Corporation.
- To act as the principal specialist spokesperson on road safety ETP matters to the media, and to liaise with external and internal organisations on ETP issues. To produce press releases for campaigns and ETP activities.
- To manage and organise ETP programmes, exhibitions and campaigns to businesses, residents and schools to support the policies of the Road Danger Reduction Plan. To manage, write and deliver talks/presentations to businesses and other groups as required by the Road Danger Reduction & Behavioural Change Manager.
- To manage, organise and implement training programmes for vulnerable road users; cyclists, pedestrians and novice drivers. To manage and monitor the driver assessment programme for CoL staff, contract fleet drivers and minibus assessments for CoL schools.
- To provide an up to date and reliable information service on all road safety matters to the general public, outside agencies and the Corporation's staff. To prepare and respond to correspondence and e-mails on road safety matters. To provide road safety articles for the various Corporation's publications, including the Leader and the Planning & Transportation bulletin.
- To be responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, performance management and disciplining of staff the Road Safety Officers.
- To comply with the City Of London Financial Regulations and properly monitor and report budget outturn positions on a regular basis as required, including alerting the Line Manager and Chamberlains representative of any significant budget variance in a timely manner and taking appropriate corrective action
- Actively seek to implement the City of London's Occupational Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both themselves and others when carrying out their duties.
- Actively seek to implement the City of London's Equal Opportunity Policy and the objective to promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.