- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Embedded Software Engineer
An exciting contract opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Software Engineer with proven Flexray experience. Candidates will have proven Software Design and Embedded C development ideally in an Automotive domain.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FLEXRAY (CONTRACTOR)
We now require an experienced embedded software engineer to work with us on a contract basis to support the development of real-time control systems for our range of motorsport engine control products.
* Your main responsibilities will include working with other Engineers in the company and with external customers to define software requirements, creating software design and supporting software acceptance testing.
* You will implement software in C and create test harnesses where required to ensure a high degree of quality assurance.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER
The successful candidate will have:
* A working knowledge of FlexRay communications protocol and hands on experience implementing software solutions based around the use of FlexRay and CAN.
* A degree in Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronic Engineering related discipline (minimum 2:1) & industrial experience in an embedded software design role.
* The role requires excellent Embedded C language skills, knowledge of microcontrollers and their peripherals, low level device drivers and automotive communications protocols.
* A sound understanding of real-time embedded systems and automotive control strategies, such as power steering, etc.
* Plus, excellent team working and communication skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...