- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
PCB Designer - Altium
The PCB & Mechanical Lead Engineer will lead all PCB layout activities conducted in the development of products.
The PCB & Mechanical Lead Engineer will lead all PCB layout activities conducted in the development of products. Defining the processes and standards to be followed, managing the central component database, selecting suitably competent PCB layout resources, guiding, reviewing and approving all PCB layout activities.
The right candidate will guide, direct, and approve the work of the mechanical design teams in creation of the electronics packaging designs, handling all aspects of release and subsequent management of the electronic design data within the company's EPDM system.
- To define and apply the procedures and standards to all PCB design activities, to ensure all released designs are of high quality and optimised for high volume manufacturing process.
- To establish and manage a centralised component library, to be used across all PCB designs, and to migrate all existing designs to that library to introduce proper control over the quality and correctness of all utilised component symbols and geometries and AML.
- To manage the recruitment of all PCB resources (contract or permanent) who will work on the project, ensuring adequate levels of technical competence and experience.
- To guide, direct, review and approve all component part creation, schematic capture, BOM generation and PCB layout activities.
- To be the primary interface to the mechanical design team, guiding, directing, reviewing and approving all PCB mounting arrangements, mechanical packaging and thermal management aspects.
- To manage formal release via the ECO process and subsequent control of all electronic design artefacts within company EPDM systems, including management of change via the ECR process.
- To work with minimum supervision and maximum responsibility.
- To operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- To work with Engineering to resolve problems as they occur.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or HNC/HND plus significant relevant on-job experience.
- Significant experience in design and development of printed circuit boards, encompassing high current/high power, as well as small signal and microprocessor based board designs.
- Must be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of the manufacturing processes for construction of various types of PCB blank, and how this is controlled and driven from the PCB design data.
- Must have detailed working knowledge of the PCB assembly process in a high volume quality driven manufacturing environment, with strong knowledge of the key principles of design for manufacture and design for test, and able to apply these effectively to guide and control of PCB design activities.
- Must have significant experience in use of Altium Schematic Capture & PCB layout tools.
- Preferably, but not essentially, have held responsibility to define and manage the PCB layout process and standards for an organisation, including the component library management function.
- Experience of Solidworks desirable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.