- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Environmental Health Officer
My Hertfordshire based client is looking for an Environmental Health Officer for an initial three month contract.
Due to an increased workload, our client is looking for an Environmental Health Officer for an initial three month contract.
This is a broad ranging role, responsibilities for which could include:
- carrying out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and take action to improve conditions
- providing advice and assistance to householders and businesses
- taking photos, remove samples and conduct interviews as part of the inspection process
- investigating complaints from the general public
- carrying out food hygiene and food standards inspections
- investigating accidents at work and complaints about poor standards of health and safety, identifying any areas of negligence
- investigating outbreaks of infectious disease and prevent it spreading any further
- taking water samples to maintain and improve standards in public swimming and bathing areas as well as private water supplies
- monitoring radiation activity, taking action when safety levels have been exceeded
- ensuring the health and welfare of animal livestock on farms and other premises, as well as during transportation
- issuing licences for pet shops and other animal-related businesses
- advising on planning and licensing applications
- monitoring levels of noise, air, land and water pollution
- giving talks at public enquiries, meetings and exhibitions and ensure compliance through education, advice and enforcement
- taking enforcement action, initiate legal proceedings, prepare and give evidence in court
- advising on health and safety issues in relation to new buildings and developments
- arranging for the removal of abandoned vehicles and refuse.
The client is ready to interview and can appoint quickly.
Rates for this role will range between £25 and £35/h, depending on experience.
For more information, please call Daniel Baker on 01489 898 975 or apply via this advert.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.