- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Parking and Highway Design Engineer
An Engineer with a high level of knowledge and understanding of Parking schemes and / or Traffic Management schemes needed for my client in East London for an initial 6 month contract.
- To assist with and to develop parking and other highways related schemes across the borough; localised safety controls and traffic flow improvements.
- To carry out analysis and, as a result, propose solutions that could address the problem, within constraints of both finance and minimum disruption to traffic.
- To undertake research, design and to evaluate the cost and value of alternative projects and solutions to identify problems relating to highway issues including traffic flows, safety and alleviating of parking pressures.
- To maintain records in a systematic and accessible format.
- To arrange the necessary field work in relation to vehicle counts/duration surveys to clarify the situation at particular sites
- To liaise with other teams and groups both within Environmental Services and the wider Council
- To respond to inquiries from the public and/or Councillors and to initiate reports.
- To prepare evidence for Council representatives and witnesses at public inquiries
- To design public consultation documents and arrange distribution. To note and analyse comments gained from the consultation and make proposed alterations as required to the original scheme proposals
- To be responsible for the posting of all notifications required for the implementation of schemes, including committee items and relevant governmental departments
- To make regular site visits and, if the need arises, to change the design and inform the contractors, to ensure the smooth implementation of highway schemes. The post-holder must take into account both legal and safety matters when making such decisions
- To assist in monitoring the effect of technical highway polices particularly those relating to the parking provision and safety of vehicles within the Borough, and to liaise closely with appropriate representative groups concerning new initiatives including other boroughs, departments, associations and user groups
- To assist in monitoring the work and accounts of consultants or contractors working on specific projects
- To liaise with external organisations including other boroughs, departments and Councillors and to deal with enquiries of a specific and often contentious nature from member of the public
- To provide specialist guidance in parking management, safety and other matters and support to other officers within the group and to other council officers
- To organise own workload together with the supervision of junior staff to achieve targets set in conjunction with management
- To provide input into developments of new techniques and working practices
- To contribute to the borough's policies and procedures and work towards their achievements
- To provide complex professional and technical guidance and support to other officers within the group
- To deputise, on occasion and as required, for the Principal Officer Parking Design on specific projects or issues
- To assist the Principal Officer Parking Design in assessment of resources and cost estimates for specific projects
- To undertake a continuous review of local and regional policies according to priorities established by the management
- To organise sections' workload in order to maximise the groups' output and cost effectiveness
- Such other duties, within the competence of the post-holder, which may be required, reasonably, from time to time
- All duties to be carried out in compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.