- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electronic Systems Quality Engineer
Our client are a major defence and marine technology business currently seeking an experienced quality engineer with a strong background in electronics, software or systems engineering.
- Independent oversight of military programs & commercial development projects to ensure requirements are met.
- Ensuring high quality levels in software and hardware product, in order to maintain and improve levels of safety and customer satisfaction.
- Author Quality Plans
- Attend and contribute to Project Design Reviews as panel member.
- Review and authorise customer deliverable documents, change requests and test specifications.
- Review and sign off at project stage gates, ensuring compliance.
- Compile Program Specific Procedures (PSPs) as required.
- Conduct program audits; raise and monitor Corrective Actions to close.
- Monitor and audit program suppliers as required to maintain quality integrity.
- Organise and facilitate program Lessons Learned sessions.
- Attend customer meetings in-house and at the customer facility e.g. Quality Reviews, Progress Reviews, Safety and Test Readiness Reviews.
- Monitor Risk Review process, and provide inputs where necessary.
- Concession Management; to customers and from suppliers.
- Inspection of system hardware builds to drawings.
- Raising Defect Reports and facilitating product Non-conformance Reviews.
- Witness integration, test & acceptance activities making sure they are conducted in accordance with documentation and good practice.
- To attend Sea Trials as needed.
- Conduct and report technical investigations of new and existing product issues.
- To take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of other persons around you.
- To be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- To carry out any other reasonable management request.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Batchelor's Degree preferred otherwise equivalent e.g. HND; in science, technical, software or engineering subject plus relevant experience.
- Sound knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard.
- Qualified Auditor preferred, otherwise relevant experience of internal auditing and supplier assessment.
- Knowledge of modern electronic and mechanical assemblies and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of software development, integration and test life cycle and methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
- Able to attend Sea Trials.
- Security cleared, or capable of it, UK National with no dual nationality.
- Knowledge of document configuration management processes.
Desirable, not essential:
- Experience of working on large Government defence and commercial development programs.
- Sound knowledge of international and defence engineering and quality standards.
- Knowledge of the marine industry.
- Experience with Radar/electronic charting or other electronic navigational systems.
- A basic level of understanding of functional safety and safety cases to IEC 61508 or similar.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- How K Line is reshaping safety culture at sea
Find out how K Line is putting the safety of its staff first and what jobs are available with one of the world’s largest tra...
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers