- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters, have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer at their site in Yeovil, Somerset.
As Manufacturing Engineer your main purpose is to construct plans of manufacture and assembly sequences and processes in order to achieve the required standard, product quality, budget hours and delivery schedule (QCD) as defined by Programme Management.
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to:
- To produce work instructions, Bills of Material, tools and technical documentation to support the manufacturing process.
- Create Manufacturing Bills of material (BOM) to define the materials or parts required for the manufacture of parts and assemblies.
- Creation of manufacturing routing, process sketches and stage drawings to support the manufacturing process, identifies accurate specification for material requirements.
- Creation of Delivery Standard Documentation (TSD) to support procurement activity to ensure suppliers have a comprehensive and accurate specification for material requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for the accurate and timely availability of Work Instructions to support the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Identification and implementation of improvements to the manufacture or build process and build logic.
- Amend work instructions within the operational areas on the shop floor to rectify errors and keep manufacturing on schedule.
- Compile SAP Production Orders to manufacture or rework components.
- Responsible for identification, & requesting, of Tooling, fixture and gauges required for manufacture and assemblies.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Educated to at least HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline and/or a time served apprenticeship. (post-training experience and ME experience, desirable)
- Working knowledge of CATIA (V5) & ENOVIA and smarteam
- Working knowledge of SAP (ECC6) and the modules applicable to the Manufacturing Engineering function.
- Working knowledge of CAPP and work analysis module.
- Understand the principles of MRP.
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft package software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Team worker and good communicator with influencing skills.
- Engineer background from an Aerospace or high integrity mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Experience in project management.
- Familiar with proven analysis & problem solving techniques.
- Working knowledge of the process & output of the configuration Control board (CCB).
- Familiar with the use of estimating models.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Interpersonal skills at all levels.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. We are not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role may also require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.