- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Transport Modeller
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Transport Modeller to join an established and highly experienced transport team in Manchester.
Our clients transport team offers a wide range of multi-disciplinary services with transport modelling including development planning work involving site appraisals, transport assessments, master planning, public transport studies and public consultation.
The successful candidate will work alongside an experienced transport modeller while working with modellers across the business on modelling, data analysis, and transport planning projects. The role would be expected to include management of projects and staff, with considerable client exposure. The role presents an excellent opportunity for a candidate to progress their career and work within a successful team of transport modelling professionals, with established transport models, complemented by a wide range of transport planning and modelling projects.
Core Roles Of The Job:
- Task leader on projects- Expected to lead small in-house project teams.
- Assisting with scoping of client requirements for modelling, and specification of related model tasks.
- Transport model development- Tasks may include but not limited to model building, calibration/validation, model testing and auditing, checking and analysis of model outputs
- Skills transfer and mentoring to junior team members.
- Delivery to timescales, budget and technical quality.
- Preparation of technical reports and proposals for clients.
- Attendance at internal and client team meetings.
- Direct reporting to external and internal clients.
- Contribute to our process of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing relating to transport modelling across our national transport planning business
- To work to a high technical standard.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
- Strong analytical, verbal communication and written skills.
- In-depth experience in developing transport models from first principles including forecasting.
- Ability to independently devise study methodology.
- Proven ability to build, calibrate and validate transport models with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of transport policy and appraisal issues and techniques.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in either SATURN or VISUM modelling packages.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in either VISSIM or Paramics microsimulation modelling packages.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office tools, particularly MS Excel.
- Some experience in VBA programming or similar and experience of programming bespoke analysis tools.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Transport related Master's degree or equivalent.
- Experience in GIS techniques.
- Experience in the application of economic assessment tools (TUBA, COBA, QUADRO).
- Professional membership of a relevant institution.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...