- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Associate Transport Planner
Our client is looking for an Associate Transport Planner to provide support to the planning capability in the North West. Based from Manchester, you will lead the development of the microsimulation offer of the Transport Planning group.
A typical week would include
- Win work from clients in the North and North Western area.
- Work with the Discipline Team Leader to develop a strategic action plan across 1 and 3 year time periods.
- Mentor the transport planning team to support their career development.
- Contributing to the delivery of our business strategy for the region, which includes meeting productivity targets, widening our client base and growing the team.
- Liaison with team leaders from other disciplines in region to identify opportunities and transfer market knowledge.
- Project management of transport planning projects being delivered by virtual teams for range of clients, ensuring they are delivered to high standard, within budget and on programme.
- Attendance at client meetings as required by project and business development activities.
- Responsibility for resourcing, attending resourcing meetings, securing team workload and meeting budgeted team productivity targets.
- Responsibility for identifying and managing team training, carrying out appraisals and approval of leave.
- Leading transport planning bids, involvement in transport planning and other bids and technical input to marketing materials as required.
- Day to day management of project teams and delivering on new client opportunities. The role requires development of the client base for the region with a particular focus on the application of microsimulation to the public and private sectors.
- You will have an extensive understanding of transport planning, and the versatility to apply your skills in traffic modelling, traffic engineering and travel planning. You would also be expected to have extensive experience of managing transport projects and the commercial aspects of bidding, winning and delivering successful schemes.
- The successful candidate will lead in developing a wider Transport Planning capability through key roles on existing transportation projects and via wider inputs to internal and external clients.
Qualifications & Experience Needed
- Degree in a relevant field at Grade 2:1 or 1:1.
- Proven ability to develop and service a productive client work base.
- Proven track record in managing transport planning projects.
- In depth understanding of the Development Control process.
- Significant experience in development planning including production and review of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and planning agreements.
- Knowledge of transport guidance and best practice (WelTAG, WebTAG, DMRB, TAN 18 etc.).
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to produce project reports, including technical documents.
- Sound experience and proven ability in the use of microsimulation software packages (ideally Vissim and/or Paramics).
- Experience of liaising with and securing approvals from LA's, WG, DfT and HA.
- Ability to communicate technical arguments to technical and non-technical clients, and present outputs from studies to range of audiences.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered Engineer / TPP status.
- Post-graduate degree in Transportation Planning or other relevant subject.
- Experience of public transport / multi-modal modelling.
- Competence in using Visual Basic in Microsoft Excel.
- Full and clean driving license.
- If not already achieved, the candidate will be expected to work towards professional accreditation.
The Benefits Of The Role
Our client understands the importance of a work life balance, so if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help you let us know on your application.
As well as competitive pay, our client offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme. Our client strives to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to their team.
About The Client
Our client is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. They believe in creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.