- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Engineer
Following a period of sustained growth our client is seeking an ambitious, experienced and well-rounded Senior Civil Engineer to work from their office in Gloucester on projects involving roads and drainage.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc.) as well as other relevant consents/ permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
- Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
Qualifications & Experience Needed
- Ideally have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a civil engineering role and should hold a relevant degree.
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Status.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in various disciplines and types of project.
- High standard of written and oral communication.
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
- Experience using ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
- Experience of negotiations with highway authorities, drainage authorities and the Environment Agency.
- Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc.
- Effective project and client management skills.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach.
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge.
- Ability to generate and apply ideas.
- Ability to develop innovative and viable solutions.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Sound commercial awareness.
Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team in various disciplines and types of project.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...