- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Equipment Support Managing Consultant
Are you seeking a unique opportunity to work as an Equipment Support Managing Consultant? The role includes a good mix of business change and equipment support processes at a Master's level.
We are seeking people who can lead and coach a team to deliver challenging business-wide objectives within a professionally recognised Consulting Practice of highly motivated Subject Matter Experts in supporting defence equipment.
On joining our CMI professionally recognised Premier Consulting Practice as a Managing Support Systems Consultant (SSC) you will be a member of our highly experienced Practice leadership team, offering thought leadership and delivering change to clients across Defence.
DE&S is responsible for both the acquisition of defence equipment and the management and delivery of its support once in-service. Support is the system of activities that enables defence equipment to be serviceable and available to the front line armed forces. Support Systems Consultants work within an established internal consultancy team and have a proven record of identifying, designing and putting in place optimal support solutions for the MoD's high value equipment. The team is a centre of excellence composed of technical experts who add value to multiple delivery teams by resolving complex issues and assisting them to transform their support operations.
It's a multifaceted, constantly evolving, never-ending challenge, which makes this an amazing place to work. Here, you can immerse yourself in complex projects, stretch your skills and make a real difference to the UK armed forces. It's demanding work, but because we put people ahead of profits, your achievements will be well rewarded and you'll still have time for your life outside of work.
As a Managing SSC, you will shape and deliver a programme of work to build equipment support planning capabilities within a key Defence market sector, building fruitful relationships with senior stakeholders throughout that market and beyond. An expert in Defence equipment support planning and optimisation, you will lead and coach a team of experienced Senior SSCs and developing Junior SSCs to deliver successful outcomes for our clients. As a member of the Practice leadership team you will help to shape the strategic direction of the Practice.
The team operates as a CMI accredited Premier Consulting Practice in which you will be a Managing Consultant. To lead and coach your team of SSCs, of varying levels of experience, you will need to:
* Be qualified as a Certified Management Consultant for at least three years and/or be a Fellow of the Institute of Consulting, or hold appropriate third-party accreditation to demonstrate a successful track record in strategic change;
* Hold a Post Graduate Level 7 academic qualification in Systems Engineering, Engineering Business Management or equivalent;
* Be a proven subject matter expert in the design & delivery of integrated optimised equipment support solutions for the Defence market sector;
* Have experience developing people, using strong interpersonal skills and judgement to effectively impart your expertise such that it can be applied by others;
* Be able to influence senior stakeholders across DE&S, Front Line Commands, industry and academia, dealing in complex change management issues;
* Have a high level of creative thinking & decision making to develop & implement ideas that impact beneficially on both the short & long-term future of your assigned market sector.
You will also clearly demonstrate wide & deep experience across the range of practical applications of successful changes for Business Operations Management in the Defence Equipment Support sector. You will need to demonstrate this in a leadership capacity by:
* Acting as leader & coach to people within your delivery programme;
* Influencing business thinking and the setting of the agenda across the discipline;
* External parties seeking your advice on issues impacting the sector.
Because you could be working on any project in DE&S you must be a sole UK national.
The salary is between £42,000-£62,000 per annum depending on experience.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.