- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware Systems Engineer
Our world-leading defence client is looking for two contract Hardware Engineers, the roles will be based in New Malden, working on the Type 26.
Hardware Engineers required to work in the Shared Infrastructure (SI) area undertaking work for the Type 26 SI project. This project is currently undertaking a critical design review and working towards a series of system acceptance events in 2018 and 2019.
- An excellent team player with strong communication skills, and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly learn on the job
- Knowledge of the currently deployed Naval systems based on COTS technology
- Knowledge and experience in designing with COTS hardware e.g. Dell
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of EMC and environmental (shock, vibration, cooling) control measures applied to equipment containing COTS items to meet military specifications
- Hardware Drawing and design work
- Support to Design Certification Documentation
- Taking responsibility for documentation sets and driving completion of work
- Hands-on experience of assembly of COTS hardware with necessary qualification testing
- Kit hardware maintenance
- Resolving hardware issues from platforms
- Supporting obsolescence studies
SC clearance required from the outset.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.