- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Project Manager
Based on the maritime East Coast of Canada in Halifax, this project is Canada's most exciting for the past 30 years! With a new assembly hall and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Assistant Project Manager will support the Project Management Office in the successful planning, coordinating and delivery of contractual tasks, helping to ensure the successful performance of the project.
- Plan and coordinate subcontractors and tasks to meet program schedule requirements
- Interactions with key internal and external stakeholders, including Royal Canadian Navy and Canadian Government personnel
- Plan, manage and report on budgets, schedule and progress
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's or similar degree
- Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) as well as experience in risk management and document control are essential
- Experience in Cognos and / or PMP designation would be an asset
- Attractive lifecycle - warm sunny summers for surfing or beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding or skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities, including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only a 2-hour flight to New York
I am an international recruitment specialist with over 3 years' experience helping people and their families transform their lives and take the leap to move permanently to a new country. To find out more, contact me on:
T: +44 1489 898 204
All successful applications must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.