- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is a Systems Intergrator who has recently oped a new office in Derbyshire. They are currently recruiting for a Field Service Control System Engineer.
The role is to provide 24/7/365, systems integration (SI) customer support service throughout the UK.
The role will be based from our new Derbyshire office and will involve significant travel throughout the UK, often at short notice and any time of day or night.
Principal Accountabilities & Special Features
- Respond in a timely manner to client requests to provide remote and on-site support to fix any PLC/HMI/SCADA/network related faults at their sites.
- To carry out any planned preventative maintenance (PPM) to PLC/HMI/SCADA/network software/hardware as required at customer sites.
- To provide a reactive SI service within Boulting Technology to meet short-term project demands.
- Carry out customer site surveys and compile detailed reports.
- Be proactive in identifying and encouraging incremental sales opportunities.
- ONC/HNC/Degree in electrical, measurement or control engineering or related discipline.
- Good basic education particularly in English language and grammar.
Job Related Experience
Minimum 3 years systems engineering/maintenance or field service experience within a medium or large organisation operating in the UK. Experience of fault-finding on a wide range of different PLC/HMI/SCADA/network systems, ideally covering Siemens, Rockwell and/or Mitsubishi.
Skills & Knowledge
- High regard for health and safety.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A customer-focused approach.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to act on own initiative and work alone for long periods.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.