- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Head of Hardware Engineering
Head of Hardware Engineering with an innovative consumer electronics company based in Central London, designing new products and advancing the development of their cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence technology products.
This opportunity is for a Head of Hardware Engineering to lead the Hardware team in a cutting-edge consumer electronics company, designing exciting new IoT products, using the latest Artificial Intelligence techniques.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a Hardware Engineer or Hardware Project Manager, who has built and led high-performing teams, while developing complex systems in IoT consumer electronics products across the full product life-cycle.
- Leading the Hardware team, managing technical and engineering aspects as well as project management
- Project management of new hardware from conception through design, develop, test and manufacture
- Helping architect, project manage and contribute to design of IoT consumer electronics products
- Development of the hardware strategy in-line with the business objectives
- Working closely with 3rd party manufacturers/designers, and managing ongoing supplier performance
- Advising on the latest developments in parallel processing; GPU/VPU technology
- Implementing a robust and reliable hardware/software testing methods
- Participating in system-level design reviews
- Keeping up-to-date with methods of optimising embedded DSP
- Strong experience in consumer electronics products, ideally IoT
- Experience overseeing the full product life-cycle
- Project Management background with a working knowledge of R&D projects, new product development/introduction and mid-high volume production
- Experience with newer wireless and RF technologies
- Degree or higher in Electronic Engineering
- Prince 2 or equivalent qualification
If you would like to know more about the position please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.