- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Wildcat Contractor Maintenance Manager
Our world-leading aviation client involved in the customer support of helicopters have an opportunity for a Wildcat Contractor Maintenance Manager to work at RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset.
Educated to HNC level or equivalent in an aviation related subject having military service technical training to Artificer level or having under gone an equivalent civilian / military engineering apprenticeship and operated as a civilian engineering manager in a military aviation environment status.
Minimum 5 years' experience as an artificer or civilian equivalent, having held and exercised authorised powers of signature at that level to sign aircraft documentation.
Deep understanding of all aspects of aircraft maintenance engineering, maintenance planning and documentation.
Dimension of the role:
- Achieve and maintain Level J Engineering authorisations.
- Leading a team of 61 sub-contract personnel providing Forward support and aircraft provision to the Army Wildcat Training squadron.
- Responsibility for managing and maintaining 7 Wildcat aircraft.
- Delivering daily aircraft availability for training flights and achievement of the contracted key performance indicators to ensure any contract financial penalisation is minimised. Contract value £13.5m.
- Representation of LH at the Army Air Safety Board / Delivery Duty Holder Review at Colonel / Lt Colonel level and at Continuing Airworthiness Meetings with the Army Chief Engineer at Lt Colonel level. Manage Defence Air Safety Occurrence Reporting (DASOR) events on behalf of LH as Occurrence Manager - following investigation, identify recommendations and brief outcome at DDH Review.
- Daily interactions with Officer Commanding of the 1 Army Air Corps Regiment (Colonel) and OC Training Squadron (Major) - including issue resolution and management of customer expectations and service performance.
- Close liaison with RNAS Yeovilton Support Services Engineer (SSE - Lt Cdr) for Station engineering and facilities issues.
- Close liaison with MOD Wildcat Delivery Team and Engineering Authority to Commander level for technical issue resolution.
- Close liaison with LH WIST Service Management Organisation and LH Customer Support & Services for management of all contract aspects and bid preparation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.