- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Above Water Sensor Systems Integration Engineer
The company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
This position will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to design, integration, installation, test and evaluation of all Above Water Sensor Systems aboard the ship.
This position will act as co-chair leading the Above Water Sensor Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT) in partnership with the Combat Systems Integrator and be the primary Point of Contact for Radars and sensor systems within the team. This role will report to the Above Water Warfare (AWW) Sensors and Weapons Team Lead.
- Engineering degree (Electrical preferred).
- Be a Professional Engineer or have eligibility for this qualification.
- Post graduate qualifications in systems engineering or equivalent experience
Experience in the following fields would be preferred:
- Experience in engineering for Naval platforms
- Understanding of ship construction
- Experience working in design, production and or test on a ship construction program.
- Understanding of Combat System Architecture
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide technical expertise to support the development and compliance of all aspects of design, function, integration, and test to ensure optimal solutions Develop plans, procedures and processes as required in support of program requirements
- Provide independent oversight to the requirements definition, design, integration and test of all Radars and Sensor systems aboard the platform
- Coordinate the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned activities in support of program milestones
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the management team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Provide expertise in the development and / or review of design and production products to support the installation and test of the sensor systems into the platform
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change presented by the subcontractor to ensure impacts or risks to integration activities are understood and recorded
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and proactive behaviour within the Combat Systems team
- Be a role model for professional behavior
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.