- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior/Principal Stress Analysis Engineer - Landing Gear
An exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Structural Analysis Engineer - Landing Gear has arisen in Filton to participate in the development of landing gear design capability for future Airbus aircraft.
The main tasks and responsibilities of this role are:
- Identify gaps in structural analysis capability for future landing gears and develop integrated technical solutions
- Plan and execute work to build structural analysis capability for landing gears and equipment, identifying resource need and leading activities
- Develop technical solutions based on digital models for rapid application, optimisation and efficient re-use, in collaboration with Airbus specialists
- Develop technical solutions satisfying product requirements for specific aircraft
- Ensure that technical solutions are fully validated and meet business objectives, considering future product and operational needs
- Develop team members' capability in the specialism.
- Conceiving and creating excellent structural analysis/design solutions for landing gears and equipment, including development of static and fatigue methods and material allowables
- Leading the development of new tools and processes to enable fast and efficient structural analysis of landing gear, where necessary within the current Structures and Systems process framework
- Contributing to the development of overall product test strategy to deliver validation of the analyses, methods & tools
- Ensuring a robust route to certification is established with the Landing Gear Structures
- Specification and control of structural analysis requirements for landing gears down to component level, including approval of static, fatigue and FE analyses
- Validation of structural design requirements and ensuring verification of design solutions, including compliance with Airworthiness requirements
- Correct application of Airbus' process, methods and tools
- Fulfilment of aircraft structural requirements at landing gear level, working in collaboration with designers
- Ensuring structural maturity of design solution at entry into test phase and service.
- Working effectively in a multi-disciplined team and with key stakeholders to deliver an integrated design solution to time, cost and quality.
- Complete and accurate recording of structural data for design/product, for continuity and re-use in a digital environment.
Candidates are expected to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering with relevant modules.
- Extensive experience of performing stress analysis for the design and certification of landing gear structure, or of analysing high-performance structure with requirements and challenges very similar to those for commercial aircraft structure; must include metallic structure, should include safe-life design.
- Experience of design/development process and governance, ideally with experience of Airbus' process
- Experience of structural requirements analysis, specification and cascade (V&V), including defining test requirements
- Experience of trade-off studies / design optimisation
- Performing a Technical Approval role with signatory rights for data integrity, including Static and/or Fatigue analysis and FE models
- Experience in use of stress tools including NASTRAN/PATRAN, preferably with knowledge of Airbus structures analysis processes and ISAMI tool.
- Experience in Abaqus EXPLICIT or NCode is beneficial.
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge, curious & innovative, willing to challenge the norm and learn/continuously improve
- Experience of activity planning and management, including familiarity with project management tools
- Ability to determine best practice, develop rules and analysis methods for landing gear structural design.
- Ability to achieve agreement through well-justified and pragmatic argument.
- Ability to structure, record and communicate knowledge clearly and consistently.
- Ability to foster strong team working and mentor other Engineers to develop their capabilities in landing gear structural analysis
- English language at negotiation level.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.