- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We are looking for a laboratory supervisor to work for a leading global company based in Newport, Wales. It is a growing specialty business, mainly serving the automotive industry globally with high quality Thermo Plastics.
Reporting to the site Technical manager, the Quality assurance supervisor has direct responsibility over the QA lab and quality management systems, supervising a small team of QA staff members. Main job responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining QA data integrity to meet business controls and product representation requirements.
- Manage Quality System to meet continued registration to ISO9001:2015
- Coordinate the investigation of customer concerns, analyse trends and report back to the organisation.
- Monitor audit schedule and coordinate audits (ISO, GPQMS, QP&G)
- Provide training for the new Lab Technicians and Measure the continued competence of all Lab Technicians.
- Supervise and direct the work activities of the Quality department such as calibration, new equipment installation, improve work procedures
- The development and improvement of existing and new QA test procedures supporting the Global Lab Network.Technical degree - preferred experienced chemical engineer or equivalent.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Concern for accurate detailed, documented results.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Competent decision making skills.
- Develops/Coaches employees.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Useful experience:
- Knowledge of quality systems.
- Qualified Lead Auditor of Quality Standards.
- Understanding of Statistical Analysis tools.
- QA and Technical experience in the plastics and rubber industry.
- Proficient in FMEA Technique.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.