- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Marine Works Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marine Works Manager for a reputable marine company, based in Southampton.
The role of the Marine works manager is to assist the Fabrication Manager on a daily basis with tasks as instructed.
The suitable candidate will come from a fabrication background with experience of working in a marine or civil engineering environment in a supervisory capacity.
- Supervise and monitor work, ensuring that stated quality and safety standards and associated procedures are met.
- To quote, plan and manage marine and/or fabrication works, overseeing them to ensure costs are controlled and all deliverables are met.
- Ensure good time keeping and conduct of staff in line with agreed policies and procedures and to assist the Fabrication Manager in disciplinary and grievance matters, employee development, training and induction and best utilisation of available labour.
- Ensure standards of good housekeeping are achieved in all work areas, including workshops, stores, vehicles and at on site locations.
- To assist management in ensuring that servicing, repairs and maintenance of company machinery and equipment is carried out periodically in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
- Carry out duties with minimum supervision using own initiative to plan and prioritise workload within set timescales.
Ensuring internal/external emergency arrangements are adhered to by all employees.
- To ensure that employees have the correct PPE in their possession and to enforce its use.
- To assist management in ensuring that all tools/equipment issued are accounted for and traceable to prevent financial loss to the company and also to report any instances of theft/loss.
- Ensure all safety, regulatory, rule and company changes/alterations to working practises are adhered to by employees and that all necessary records and inspections are maintained at all times to comply with current legislation.
- To assist Management in the upkeep of the consumables and plant/equipment stores.
- To request procurement of products and services as and when necessary to ensure the continuing successful and efficient operation of the business.
- To ensure that he/she is contactable via telephone to suit the emergency/responsive nature of the company's core business and client base and may be expected to undertake on-call activities when required.
- To complete written reports relating to works where necessary.
Qualifications and role requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in marine or civil engineering environment
- Must have relevant experience in the supervision of personnel to include the monitoring of work output & quality.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and be able to motivate staff.
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English and must be able to communicate sensitively, politely and clearly with staff, managers and suppliers.
- Be prepared and confident to travel, as required, for the overall gain of the business.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Must have good demonstrable organisational skills.
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings, schematic parts manuals and diagrams and associated technical data & specifications.
- Be eligible for security clearance
Salary is dependant on experience and can be discussed along with other benefits at application stage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.