- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Engineer design fatigue
Our client are a fast paced and growing business who develop a range of electro/mechanical products. They are looking for a PHD educated Mechanical Engineer with experience in complex engineering.
The position presents the chance to work with a bright and highly-motivated multi-disciplinary team based in the UK.
- You will need to be highly innovative and pro-active individual, capable of responding creatively to very rapid development.
- You will hold a PhD in Mechanical Engineering. You will be a Chartered Engineer.
- You will possess strong commercial and business awareness to ensure that the engineering effort can be managed within the correct context for each given project or programme of work.
- You will have a detailed understanding of the fatigue behaviour of metals.
- You will have a detailed understanding and experience of the analysis of jointed & bolted structures.
- You will have a proven capability of innovative design approaches.
- You will ideally have a familiarity with electro-mechanical industry practice.
- You will have proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. This will involve coordinating a multitude of activities, tasks and personnel to ensure timely delivery to the customer.
- You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic, with the proven ability to foster, develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers, suppliers and contractors at all levels.
- You will have a proven track record of implementing engineering lifecycles and processes and cradle-to-grave experience of long life cycle, electro-mechanical products.
- You will demonstrate leadership, a willingness to share knowledge and help others, mentor more junior colleagues and take the initiative in keeping your skills up to date.
- To design the mechanical components for the companies system to be fitted to customer equipment/ vehicles, to meet the performance requirements of the system and all safety standards and working with the engineering control processes defined by the design department in the UK.
- You will be expected to take customer requirements into account and demonstrate creativity and innovation.
- Structural calculations and analysis including analytical calculations, design and FEA.
- Mechanical design of long life cycle, high volume/precision, products.
- Ability to interface with the customer to achieve a positive working relationship and confidence.
- Excellent project planning and management skills with experience of co-ordinating multiple tasks & personnel to achieve timely delivery of work to the customer.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.