- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Slingers required for a 3 Month contract based at a shipyard in Portsmouth. Previous shipyard experience is preferable. You must have a valid slinging ticket/qualification (CITB, NPORS, UKAS, , ITSSAR, CPCS, LANTRA, ITD, ADSLING, OPITO)
Contractors must have a good understanding and be able to demonstrate the various types of slinging tasks from shaft/propeller work to lifting of stores.
Suitable candidates must understand health and safety regulations.
Must be flexible, hardy working, punctual and be prepared to work in a team to provide a high quality service to meet customer expectations.
- Understand and follow written/and or oral instructions
- Understand and follow health and safety regulations LOLER (Loading Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations)
- Experience of using chain blocks
- Experience of using various strops both wire and fibre
- Experience of working with heavy/light plate and lifting of various sizes equipment
- Experience in fleeting objects
- Interpret and work from 2 dimensional drawings
- Be able to conduct on-site risk assessments and records as necessary
- Must have the ability to identify approximate weights and be able to select the suitable equipment to lift/fleet or sling.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.