- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Program Engineering Lead - Automotive
A client facing Project Engineer role. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and experience of complex Embedded Systems, specifically ECU related Hardware and Software.
As an Electrical Program Engineering Lead (EPEL) for Electric Control Units (ECUs) you will be the customer interface and company representative for all ECU (electrical hardware and software) development for customer program(s), as well as supporting new business opportunities and aftermarket support. You will be responsible for providing program management and technical leadership to multiple cross-functional group of engineers developing and deploying our technologies for key customer projects from concept to serial production. With your program management expertise you will be responsible for ensuring product deadlines, deliverables, and quality targets are achieved while adhering to product development processes and standards. With your technical expertise in embedded SW and HW development you will be responsible for the entire technical solution, primary technical contact to the customer, and delivering a product that meets customer's expectations.
As a member of our team, you will help to steer our organization forwards in the areas of processes, methodologies, tools and architectures, allowing us to bring innovative products to market, while preserving customer delivery efficiency and precision.
The successful candidate will join a respectful, collaborative, and talented team, and will work in a professional high-tech environment with an opportunity to change and shape the future of mobility and transportation.
- Represent BorgWarner and serve as customer interface for ECU development
- Develop and foster good customer relations.
- Provide program management and technical leadership in the execution of customer programs and internal development projects
- Primary technical customer contact for ECUs in the Electronics Systems & Controls (ES&C) team
- Support internal departments and represent the ES&C within the engineering organization
- Lead and/or contribute to the generation of ED&D estimates (timing plans, effort estimates, material costs and travel costs) to support for product quotes
- Lead and/or contribute to organizational continuous improvement initiatives
- Foster and promote teamwork and collaboration by actively seek collaboration with internal and external team members
- Serve as a product function advocate
- Facilitate the investigation, root cause analysis, resolution development, and manage the closure of all relevant program/product issues in support of product development, production, line returns, warranty returns and service issues
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree; Master's degree preferred, industry experience accepted.
- Industry experience required
- Solid experience developing embedded systems; automotive and powertrain experience preferred.
- Proven track record leading project and/or development teams responsible for complex embedded systems for production applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication (verbal and written) skills required
- Proficient in English language required
- Strong project planning and management throughout the complete Electronic Control Unit development life-cycle
- Solid knowledge of product development processes (SPICE or CMMI based)
- Functional Safety (ISO26262) knowledge is preferred
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.