- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Reserch and Development Project Manager
Southern Water have an exciting opportunities to join the business as Research and Development Project
Manager with the newly formed Commercial & Innovation department and the New Bluewave team. In this position, you will have full responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of R&D projects and supporting the overall innovation strategy within the organisation.
Delivery will be measured against certain agreed scope, time, budget, quality customer service, stakeholder management and health & safety requirements. Responsibilities: Overview As part of the Commercial & Innovation Directorate and the Bluewave team, you will be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of projects within the R&D programme.
This will involve working with the R&D team on pipeline ideas through to full project delivery. You will have responsibility for delivery of the portfolio of projects including planning, contracts, procurement, financial control and reporting, risks & opportunities, health & safety, contractor management, stakeholder management and project communications.
Through a delivery focus, you must be able to define project success in contexts of uncertainty, creating feedback loops to key milestones to enable inflight projects to be iterated and improved with learning generated. Key Points * Projects within the portfolio are diverse and range from desk based research projects through to large scale on site technology trials, ability to work in a diverse and changing environment is critical.
* Stakeholder management is key; the project manager will be responsible for building the project team, engaging with the relevant and required stakeholders and relating information to each stakeholder in the appropriate medium.
* The R&D programme is far reaching across the organisation; the R&D Project Manager will be working in this environment, being comfortable engaging with a wide range of different people and teams.
* R&D projects often include new innovative technology and start-up businesses requiring the project to be flexible and proactive to ensure project progression while maintaining a clear alliance to the business case and strategic organisational drivers.
* As part of the R&D team, and the wider Bluewave team, there is the opportunity to work in an agile working environment plus input into wider strategic projects and future programme direction. You will be expected to but not limited to:
* Development and delivery of projects aligned to specific project aims plus business and programme strategy. * Management of supplier and key stakeholder relationships and engagement. Develop project group & provide multi stakeholder engagement.
* Management of all elements of project delivery with a key focus on scope, cost & time, adhering to health & safety requirements.
* Project planning; working with project planners to present and manage to clear project milestones.
* Management of contracts & procurement requirements in line with commercial team support & guidance.
* Proactive management of project risks & opportunities, including monthly reporting and clear escalation where required.
* Project reporting in line with R&D programme and governance requirements Experience and capability requirements Knowledge/experience:
* Experienced Project Manager (3 years proven experience)
* Proven Innovation/Research & Development experience
* Proven experience of diverse stakeholder management
* Demonstrated knowledge of water/utility industry Capability:
* Relevant Project Manager qualification
* Highly organised & able to multi-task
* Strong ability to deliver against moving targets
* Highly motivated to achieve results
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...