- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
One of our leading clients is looking an experienced P6 Project Planner to join their busy and growing rail team
About The Role
Project Planner reporting to the principal planner/ team leader
- The Planning Team provide top quality planning support to Project Managers, delivery teams and resource managers including comprehensive workload forecasts to Directors. The team manages a portfolio of around 100 live projects at any one time. The planning team consists of 12 plus individuals with various levels of knowledge understanding and ability. A close team with a strong ethos of working together to deliver project and business requirements.
- The preparation and development of effective project planning schedules and project controls using Primavera P6 and associated planning software
- The preparation, development and maintenance of effective project reporting tools following established company processes and best practice
- Supporting Project Managers and Project Engineers in the delivery of projects to schedule by providing comprehensive information utilising a range of planning and reporting tools and techniques
- Through effective communication assist the project team and the business with managing project and business performance and take necessary corrective action to ensure contractual commitments made are met and delivered on time and to budget
- Develop and maintain client relationships in order to obtain steady growth of planning services supplied directly to external clients
- Ensure that the quality of the service provided is continuously being developed and improved
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others, affected by the operations of TSP
- Work with existing planning team members to share knowledge and experience
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Self-motivated team player. Able to work with the minimum of supervision. Pro-active problem solving
- Computer literate - specifically, Excel, Lotus notes, Microsoft Office packages
- GCES'S including maths, English and IT as a minimum.
- Experience of working within a client focused team would be advantageous
- Willing to share and learn, gaining as much knowledge of the planning processes as possible
- Interest or qualification in engineering would be advantageous
- Minimum of 4 years planning experience with at least 2 years in rail design.
- Awareness of Engineering principles and standards, ideally in rail or civil engineering
- Awareness of Safety standards
- Excellence in planning systems and software
- Good commercial awareness including programming and delivery to Budget/ timescales.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Primavera P6 software
- Experience in creating, maintaining and delivering large multidisciplinary schedules
- Comprehensive knowledge of EVM and performance reporting through the use of performance indicators (CPI/SPI)
- Experience of working in a team environment, willing to be proactive in sharing best practice and experience in supporting the successful delivery of project planning services
- Planning and executing- Can manage a number of activities, a long-term planner able to track & update & inform, identifies risks.
- Accountability for results - Takes responsibility for results and delivery. Consistent in achieving targets
- Transformation and change - Contributes positively to change, supports new ideas, raises ideas of their own and able to contribute positively to the solution.
- Customer focus -committed to providing excellent customer service, and demonstrated by their work and the team performance. Proactively develop good internal and external client relationships
- Teamwork - Highly dependable team player able to create a positive working environment & 'team spirit'. Experience of team management and development
- Self development & developing others - Takes a positive view of own development and uses appropriate tools to support development. Looks to develop others in a positive manner and act as mentor. Continuous improvement part of work ethos. Assist developing expertise of other team members.
- Communication- able to communicate with tact and diplomacy, complete good quality reports and paperwork. Have good command of written and spoken English
- Networking- Makes use of contacts to support business goals on a consistent basis
- Motivation- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, provide added value in addition to current work. Work based on providing solutions to issues
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.