- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Under Water Warfare Systems Integration Engineer
The company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of signficant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The Underwater Warfare (UWW) Systems Integration Engineer will fulfil a key role in the Under Water Warfare (UWW) Team. This position will be responsible for providing coordination and engineering oversight to the integration, installation, set to work, test and evaluation of all UWW systems. This will include, but is not limited to the:
- Hull Mounted Sonar with UW Communications,
- Towed Low Frequency Active and Passive Sonar (TLFAS),
- Mine and Obstacle Avoidance Sonar (MOAS),
- Sonobuoy Processing System (SPS),
- Torpedo Counter Measures (TCM); and
- Torpedo Defence Systems (TDS) including handling systems
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance during requirements definition, design, integration, and test activities to ensure that fully compliant and certified solutions are provided in accordance with sound engineering practice.
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance relating to the integration of UWW systems within the UWW suite and with the Combat Management System (CMS).
- Provide knowledge and insight into software integration challenges with Underwater Warfare systems and associated mitigation processes.
- Provide knowledge and insight into the operational employment of Underwater Warfare systems and their roles in Anti-Submarine Warfare.
- Provide technical expertise in the development and evaluation of documentation products related to the requirements definition, design, integration, and test of all UWW systems.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in an engineering discipline
- Post graduate qualifications is desirable in an area related to underwater Acoustics.
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding or skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties, choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only a 2 hour flight to New York
I am an international recruitment specialist with over 3 years' experience helping people and their families transform their lives and take the leap to move permanently to a new country
For more infomration, my contact details are:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.