- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Under Water Warfare Systems Integration Engineer
The company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of signficant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The Underwater Warfare (UWW) Systems Integration Engineer will fulfill a key role in the Under Water Warfare (UWW) Team. This position will be responsible for providing coordination and engineering oversight to the integration, installation, set to work, test and evaluation of all UWW systems. This will include, but is not limited to the:
- Hull Mounted Sonar with UW Communications,
- Towed Low Frequency Active and Passive Sonar (TLFAS),
- Mine and Obstacle Avoidance Sonar (MOAS),
- Sonobuoy Processing System (SPS),
- Torpedo Counter Measures (TCM); and
- Torpedo Defence Systems (TDS) including handling systems.
To fulfil this role the UWW System Integration Engineer will provide insight regarding the design of these systems, their function within the Combat System, and be responsible for ensuring that fully compliant solutions are provided in accordance with sound engineering practice.
- Develop plans, procedures, and processes in support of Underwater Warfare related program requirements.
- Participate in the IPT structure to coordinate and manage all stakeholder interests, governing standards, and requirements applicable to the Underwater Warfare systems.
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance during requirements definition, design, integration, and test activities to ensure that fully compliant and certified solutions are provided in accordance with sound engineering practice.
- Liaise with the CSI and OEM to the extent of contractual and IP boundaries to transfer knowledge of proposed Underwater Warfare systems and their integration into the project.
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance relating to the integration of UWW systems within the UWW suite and with the Combat Management System (CMS).
- Provide knowledge and insight into software integration challenges with Underwater Warfare systems and associated mitigation processes.
- Provide knowledge and insight into the operational employment of Underwater Warfare systems and their roles in Anti-Submarine Warfare.
- Provide technical expertise in the development and evaluation of documentation products related to the requirements definition, design, integration, and test of all UWW systems.
- Support the coordination of scheduling, planning, and conduct of Underwater Warfare activities to ensure that related program milestones are met.
- Ensure performance compliance of the Underwater Warfare solutions.
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the Underwater Warfare Team Lead.
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues related to Underwater Warfare design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are understood and recorded.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government staff).
- Support a culture of teamwork, pro-activeness, and enthusiasm within the Combat System team, and be a role model for professional behavior.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.